Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
Full Time, Fixed Term for 36 months in the first instance with possible extension.
Grade will be dependent on Skills and Experience as detailed in the Job Description
Are you a self-starter who loves problem solving, working with people and making a difference to health research? Do you get really excited by BIG data, innovative engineering, open source and applied AI? Do you have a background working in support of academic or clinical research projects? If so, then this could be the role for you!
We are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to lead a range of inter-related medical imaging projects. You will be working within the Health Informatics Centre at the University of Dundee leading the development and deployment of a platform which will transform access to routinely collected clinical images at scale for research purposes. The £3.8M 5 year programme is highly innovative and brings together the NHS, academia and industry to make a real different to patients.
We are a fun team who pride ourselves on improving our software and solutions. We try to keep pace with industry and technological advancements and train our staff accordingly.
Your priorities will include:
• Managing the projects within the PICTURES programme and other related medical imaging projects
• Co-ordination of delivery across the University and academic, public sector and industry partners
• Reporting and liaison with funders, oversight bodies and stakeholders
• Production of project reporting and documentation
• Resolution of issues
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
• A degree in a related discipline such as computer science, mathematics or statistics
• Experience of the full life cycle of projects
• Experience with Agile programming principles and Scrum methodology
• Experience of preparing technical proposals, reports and processes
• Experience of managing budgets and financial reporting
• A strong and sustained period of experience in project management of IT solutions
• Demonstrable communicational and relational skills
• A track record of software technology development for large scale projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical staff and senior management
• A team player with the ability to work using own initiative, deliver outputs within agreed timeframes and work under pressure
This is an opportunity to advance your career with the delivery of high-profile, cutting-edge projects combining research into health data, ML and AI with service delivery for the public benefit.
We offer an excellent work - life balance and working environment, we enjoy 39 days annual leave per year and are supported by a range of Work Life Balance policies, staff support networks, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall as well as a full range of disability services which all create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work. It is the diversity of our staff and students that make the University of Dundee an enjoyable place to work.
Closing date: 19th November