Prospero Teacher are looking for a Head of Drama to join an Outstanding Secondary School in the Ealing Borough for September/October 2020 (please read below for information on start date).
This role is will see you joining one of Ealings leading secondary schools with a reputation for strong academic achievement, a friendly and supportive teaching and leadership team and good behaviour in classes. The school also have an excellent CPD programme with strong development within the local community and partnerships with local schools to offer you excellent training and development during your time at the school. Staff within the school tend to stay with the school for many years and the school have a low turnover and consistent SLT as a result of this. Although this is a TLR role, the school are keen to develop staff and if you are looking to step into SLT positions in the future the school have an excellent record of internal progression. You will find a well-resourced department and capable students who you will work with in this role.
This role will ideally be 4 days per week, but 5 days can be considered also. This role will also ideally start for October half term, but for a strong applicant a September start can be considered. The role will contract for the 2020-21 academic year and can become permanent for September 2021.
Ideally you will have TLR experience as a head of department or second in charge of Drama, but a strong teacher looking to step into a more senior role can also be considered.
* Location - Ealing, London
* Position - Head of Department
* Type of work - Head of Drama
* Contract or position start date - October 31st 2020/September 7th 2020
* Contract or position end date (if applicable) N/A
* Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - temp to perm
* Full time/part time - Full Time/Part Time (4 days ideally, potential for 5 days for strong candidate)
* Minimum rate of pay - £175 per day (Minimum) + TLR
* Hours - 8:00 am - 4pm, plus parents evenings, school trips/events
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
* QTS or QTLS status
* Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Drama or prior experience as a 2iC or Head of Department for Drama (recent experience preferable)
* Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year desirable however not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team