We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Hire Handler to work within the hire department. The team is responsible for managing hire spend across the third party claims department. Accountabilities
The colleague is expected to manage a portfolio of newly reported fault claims and manage these in line with the expectations of the business.
To handle Protocols set up with credit hire organisations and manage payments and claims they send across to us.
All colleagues are responsible for managing and controlling hire spends through robust negotiation, investigation and provision of services.
- Responsible for managing a challenging workload of hire/repair claims to include hire management activities, the provision of services and robustly challenging the TPs need for a vehicle.
- Dealing with Protocols and credit hire organisations.
- Colleagues are responsible for indemnity & liability decision making
- Maintain accurate reserves and proactively manage a portfolio of TP hire and repair claims.
- Manage a challenging workload of hire/repair claims to include hire management activities, the provision of services and robustly challenging the TPs need for a vehicle.
- Responsible for meeting monthly targets and responsible for ensuring hire spend across the claims department is reduced.
- Responsible for reducing the hire and repair spend.
- Strong understanding of credit hire and repair claims inside the ABI GTA
- Manage claims in line with the expectations of the business
- Referring litigation cases to the appointed litigation handler within 24 hours of notification
- Protecting our customers from litigation by making commercially sound decisions
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Committed to self-development
- Commercially aware
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to meet and exceed targets
- Basic understanding of the ABI GTA and existing credit hire case law (Not essential)
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which we can share upon shortlisting, please contact for more information
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.