Waste Management Advisor
Ashley James Group are currently partnering with an industry leading civil engineering business to appoint Waste Management Advisor role for a major project based in Surrey. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that have the enviable reputation as the go to business in their industry. In return the successful applicant will be given the opportunity to work on one of the UK largest projects and support on professional development with excellent opportunities to move into leadership roles.
* Fulfil the Certificate of Technical Competence inspections at our permitted waste treatment facilities.
* Provision of training and awareness to treatment plan operatives.
* Ensuring waste management schemes and deployed mobile waste polymer and bentonite treatment plant operations are implemented effectively, pollution prevention is maintained, and legal requirements are complied with.
* Should we not be responsible for the final disposal of the waste, ensure that our processes are robust to prevent any possible prosecution.
* Monitoring and maintenance of the waste management plans, waste duty of care and data reporting associated client projects or other Company sites as appropriate.
* Engage and communicate with Environment Agency regulator to maintain a good relationship.
* Ensure compliance with client waste management requirements.
* Advising the business and other relevant bodies/people on the likely impact of new legislation, policies, and initiatives.
* Locating areas in which waste management is or could be problematic and devising solutions.
* Acting as key contact and liaison with the Environment Agency and other enforcement bodies relating to waste management activities on the client projects.
* Any other duties as specified by line manager.
* Site Inspection/Audit as required.
* Waste Inspection report dashboard (number of inspections completed.
* Demonstrate compliance (zero enforcement and legal non-compliance)
* A relevant qualification in waste management or environmental management is preferred e.g. degree or HND.
* Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) / WAMITAB. Certificate of Technical Competence (MROC1 qualification which covers non-haz treatment) (Essential)
* Member or Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) (Preferred)
* Experience of deployment and management of mobile waste permits, waste management or recycling is valued for this role. (Essential)
* Full UK Driving Licence (Essential)
* CSCS (Essential)
* NEBOSH Health and Safety Certificate (Essential)